Fuchsberg was 4 km southwest of Heigenkreuz, at the foot of the 708 m high Neubäu mountain. In 1789 it became part of the Herrshaft estate of Heiligenkreuz. According to tradition, the place was founded around 1400.
By 1838 the village had 12 houses and 116 inhabitants. In 1913 there were 16 houses and 106 inhabitants.
The school for Fuchsberg was in Swanenbrückl and the village belonged to the the municipality Neubäu. Fuchsberg belonged to To the parish of Heiligekreuz.
During the First World War Fuchsberg had 2 killed, in the Second 7 lost their lives