Gibian was first named in the founding document of the Kladrau Monastery, in 1115. It said that Wladyke Beneda gave all his holdings to the church to form Gibian. In the 14th century a fort was established that in 1320 was filled with knights. 1442, Peter von Gibian was mentioned, who brother to Ludwig Burggraf von Pfraumberg. 1640, the brothers Zakawetz and Zakawy united Good Gibian and Salesl.
In 1704, the Kladrau Monastery acquired the second half of Good Gibian, for which it had the rights to sell, for 30,000 Guldens. Finally, Gibian became a free village after the closing of the monastery in 1785. The new owners of the Meierhof were members of the Fürst Windischgrätz family
After the First World War, goods from the farm were shipped to the Czechoslovak state and a series of land reforms took place. Also noteworthy is that in 1908, in the garden of house no. 25 Groschen and 113 Boheimian Heller were found and given to the state museum in Mies. In the second half of the 19th century, Gibian only consisted of 12 farmers, a Kaluppner and a Häusler. In the following years these numbers changed with the change of the ground plan of the village, through the sale of various farms. In the areas with loamy soil, grain silos were built. The smaller pieces of land were owned by builders, and in the village, there were two smiths and a cobbler
The village was also well known for its residents’ musical talents. The slope protected the village from frost so that the eastern slope flourished and allowed for the keeping of bees. The countless ponds were full of fish. Two inns and a grocer took care of the needs of the citizens. Since 1898, a volunteer fire department equipped with a motorized pump has existed in Gibian. The Volksschule was founded in 1879 and in 1938 was changed from a single class to a two class system. Since 1928, a chapel has stood in the center of the village which became a branch of the parish church that same year. In 1931, a monument to the free farmer Hans Kudlich was built.