The residents of the village of Honositz were predominantly employed in the agricultural industry. Until 1920, it was almost unheard of for a family in Honositz not to have a plt of land which they farmed. At the end of the 1920’s the village experienced an explosion of construction and expansion of the village and improvement of quality of life in the village. Even with this expansion, land remained in the hands of the Old Families. The children in Honositz attended a two-tier Volksschule system, and a private Kindergarten. In 1936, 68 children attended the local school that was instructed by teacher Wenzel Sehr. The village also constructed a Czech language Volksschule and Kindergarten. In a German population of Honositz established cultural societies for the purpose of preserving their German heritage. In the middle of the village, there stood a small chapel dedicated to St. Barbara. The chapel was a six sided timber structure with a prominent cornice and a blunted peaked roof with lanterns and a shingled copula. Over the entrance stood a balcony with the following inscription: “Honored Saint Barbara, Anno 1715”. On the alter stood a picture of Saint Barbara in half-circle frame, an excellent piece of work from the 18th century. On the wall hung a picture of the Virgin Mary, also inscribed with the phrase: “Jaubus/ Leßer/ Host everyone here in the year of our Lord 1749”. The commercial enterprises in the village included, 1. Smiths, 2. Wagon drivers, 3. Foodstuffs, and 5. Inn Keepers.