The old parish village Melmitz , about 5 km northeast of Hostau, was named in 1235 for the first time. South of the village loomed the 526 mi. high Greschin , north east was the 614 m high Lichon . After Sedlacek, in Meimitz was the most ancient noble residence, which from 1235 to 1291 Kunrat Dobrohost lived. In the 14th Century it was a stronghold of the Dobrohost of Melmitz. In 1358, it was owned by Walter Green, and in 1359, Schüttwa . Henry of Melmitz bought the reign from Kunrat von Wiedlitz in 1370, and became a patron of the church as well as the Melmitzer Wiedlitzer. From 1370-1378 a man named Puta iwned the village, who called it Pscheß . He was followed by another Dobrohost, who was also on Elstin by the year 1408. In 1411, Henry von Sedlce was bought by Melmitz Wenzel Tachau in 1416. Later Mikulasch was mentioned by Kostenpic in Melmitz , who’s Viscount was Nepomuk. He was a long time in the service of Schwanberge. In 1464, a descendant of Johann Kostenpic was named to this position. The Perault von Tachau owned the village and bequeathed it to his wife Margaret. Both died in 1478 , leaving their three sons : Stasny , Oswald and Wenzel. Wilhelm Czernin of Chudenitz , sat on the council in Taschlowitz, held Melmitz from 1556. He died in 1569 , leaving his sons Drslav, William, Wenzel and Hans , who were of age. 1587 was the second son, Wenceslas, was murdered by this guardian. Hans received the court in Vstisch , and Wilhelm got Melmitz. This William died before 1619 , leaving his sons Drslav , Heinrich , Hans and Humbrecht . After Liebscher , Wilhelm Cramer of Chudenitz was owner of the village . Drslav received Melmitz and died in 1627, when he retired from the service of Hermann Czernin . His estate was dispersed according to the contract, to the widow Ludmilla Wiedersperg , who could not keep it up due to her large debt. Longin Jakob and Johann of Hartstein followed as the owners, both in 1637. Johann Christoph Dhumshirn was first documented as Lord of Melmitz in 1651 and in 1652 was referred to by a gentleman from Starhemberk as the owner of the village. In 1637 the grant of Melmitz was purchased by the grant of Hostau, In 1656 it finally became part of the dominion Trauttmansdorff in Bischofteinitz . The Parish Church of St. Ägid was already built in 1384. The Parish of Melmitz was added to the parishes of thethe neighboring towns Garassen , Liebeswar , Pscheß , Holub 's , Wiedlitz and Sichrowa. Trauttrnansdorff was the Patronage of the Prince. The local chronicle named the clergy, which begins with Father Henry (t 1370 ) . For a time Melmitz was occupied by a Protestant clergy . From 1939, Ludwig had Reith Meyer. IN 1701 the church tower was burned down and was rebuilt in 1702 and provided with a dome. From 1658-1677 , the parish priests of Schüttarschner administered and occupied Melmitz, according to Chronicle of 1642-1717 of Tepler. Premonstratensians chose Raymond, the pastor of Arschen and Melmitz , as the abbot of the monastery Teplá . In 1789, Schaller named the place Melenitz with 39 houses. In 1839, Melmitz had 46 houses with 356 German inhabitants, it had a parish church 1 school, 1 pub and 1 Grange and belonged to Hostau and Bischofteinitz . In 1913, Melmitz had 52 houses and 324 inhabitants. The school at that time had two classes (93 children). It was still connected to schools at Liebeswar , Garassen , Pscheß , Holub 's and Wabitz . The town’s social life included, the fire society (23 members) , German agricultural association, Christian social club , Catholic German lads "Edelweiss".The surface extent of community Melmitz 1937 was 621.35 ha, of which 316.13 ha was arable land, 60.82 ha of meadows , pastures 54.73 ha , 165.67 ha of forest. In 1939, Melmitz had 257 inhabitants and 53 houses. It had two picturesque village ponds, a church and school with 17 farms and 36 smaller properties and a Trauttmansdorff'scher yard, which was passed on in 1918 as part of the Czech land reform after years of lease on the smaller property owners . A special attraction was the Egidifest. During World War II 57 Meimitzers were under arms; 7 died, and another 7 were missing.