Located just 5 km west-southwest of Bischofteinitz and 5 kilometers east of Ronsperg the stately , ancient parish Metz Ling was in the wide , fertile valley of the Black Brook , in the " big side " and the " Lesser " divided the village, while the railway line Stankau - Ronsperg just north of the town lay along .
The mounds on the floor part " meat Bank" against Pirk, in " Kamöin " and Wottawarer wood suggest ancient settlement. They belonged to the same culture period like Mies , south of Ceske Budejovice and in Lower Bavaria. So in 1906 excavations were on the " meat shops " carried out in which came on the " Ballesenhansel - field " a gilded Wigelchen to days, but later reached first by a cable to the museum , to Prague.
But the hallway part meat Bank also had another historical significance , and perhaps he led them even its name. Here namely played in 1433 the so-called Hussite from near Taus . Many swords and other military equipment from the former battlefield were found working in the fields and in the sand pit located there . The Sage was able to report that Metz Ling was a city until the Thirty Years' War , " Metzlern " I was told and the meat Bank shall bear their name from this period.
But the " big side " has prehistoric Siedelland . This is demonstrated by the 13 high over a meter urns, which were excavated at that time under the direction of Father Martinek at the inn Leberl . And Prof. Dr. Leonhard Franz mentioned a 1901 found on the pasture of Metz Linger peasants J. Reimer bronze " Turban Ring", which was certainly the last remnant of a ruined tomb from the Early Iron Ages.
All this means that Metz Ling was inhabited before it was again taken after the year 1000 AD by coming from Bavaria settlers in culture. The latter could refer to an entry in the book of curiosities , which was located in the rectory.
The first mention of our town was , however, in the founding document of the monastery Kladrau in 1115 , while pastor Johann Knarr already suspected a church for the year 1100 in Metz Ling . The next settlers from Bavaria , whose names appeared since Matrikelbeginn the Metz Linger church in the year 1605 to the year 1946 yet , and of which , for example, in the central district Vilstal Landau namesakes as Eberl, Baumann and Haberl are found clustered at that time in 8 farms in the semi-circle around the church , how the so-called " angle " on the "big side " knew lately . The conclusion formed the Richterkonasnhof whose owner acted as the village judge and the 17th to the Century back as the owner of the Leberl called . Exclusively German name had also located close to the village halls.
Was obtained Another early message in 1378 from Metz Ling , as abbot Raczko of Prostiboř ( circle Mies ) the villages Metz Ling and Wonischen with his relatives Raczko of Prostiboř against his monastery possession obvious in Kladrau villages Prostiboř with the castle Kopetzen and the castle houses in Döllitschen and Darmschag reversed .
The Parish Church of St. . Michael was already mentioned as such in 1384 and built under Dobrohost of Ronperg , managed by 1599 to 1625 of Lutheran pastors. 1625 again a Catholic priest was hired , and from 1655-1725 administered the Metz Linger pastor also at the same time the parish in Ronsperg . While the St. . Michael facing altar picture by painter Kandler came , the image of the 14 helpers was once altarpiece of the Prague Ursuline convent and the Linger Metz church was donated by a family in Prague . The pictures of the Stations of the Cross created history painter Markovsky . Donated by Rev. Pangerl they were in 1856.
1725 the steeple was raised . On one of the larger bells , we read : " Mild contributions of several benefactors recast in 1876 by Diepoldt in Prague. " The latter also poured around for another larger bell. Pastor Knarr suspected that the first Metz Linger church was made of wood , while the current was built in the Gothic style. Unfortunately, now the only reminder of the entrance to the sacristy because there were added due to numerous conversions always new style periods. So in 1795 increased tower was given a bulb shape , but was removed again due to the risk of collapse in 1865 and got a gable roof. The rich early Baroque interior dates from the period around 1670, last renovation took place in 1934 . To the church once belonged 43 ha, 31 ha last reason. Eingepfarrt After Metz Ling were also Pirk, Raschnitz , Maschowitz , Altparisau , Neuparisau , Wottawa and Wonischen .
1848 an Israelite House of Prayer was built in Metz Ling , which were held until 1903 devotions . The Jews are said to have then visit Dobrohost of Ronsperg on the " Lesser " Siedelland , later was also on the "big side " of Jewish property . Canon Moses and white hat were the first Jewish children who were enrolled in 1790 in Metz Ling . 1880, settled their compatriots white hat and Wetzler in Vienna and founded the banking houses of Union Bank . White hat served a long time as financial advisor to the emperor. After 1800, many Jews emigrated from , and later-born sons of farmers bought their property . The "Great site " had probably received long before the Thirty Years' War, tremendous growth .
The cemetery was originally located around the church was moved and was up to Emperor Joseph hours south of Metz Ling against Pirk at the three Linden . 1785 , the current was applied , which was expanded in 1896. From reimbursed war contribution in the amount of 600 guilders , which had to be applied in 1866 , the cemetery wall was built. At the cemetery gate stood until 1908, saying :
" What you are, we have been long ago .
What we are, you will be .
Here in this musty realm we are all equal . " He was replaced by the following :
" . At the cemetery in the holy place faith , bells
calls us to the graves of our loved ones draw you to the sky Sang . "
How the 21 teachers of Johann Spirk December 1789 could refer begun Metz Linger school chronicle , the school was a very long time here . Does it herein but that the Metz Linger school was founded in 1630 by Monseigneur Dobrohost , former owner rule on Ronsperg restored . For maintenance of the teachers were fields that have always been part of the school , reported and although the extent of three yoke 900 yards and meadows on one year's crop of one yoke 139 fathoms . Started school were to Metz Ling still Wonischen , Maschowitz , Raschnitz , Pirk and Wottawa . The latter place was built in 1783 but already with the old and Neuparisau own school . Nevertheless, the school was in 1815 so strong that usually 30-50 children stand or had to sit on the ground.
1858 was lord Count Leopold Thun- Hohenstein builder Weber from Ronsperg for the amount of 14,000 guilders a two-class school with top teachers and teacher's apartment building . The number of children was 192 1890 was an extension inevitable. Baumeister spar Wilkenau built at the first class for 1480 guilders. 1906 finally also received Wonischen own school .
After the first world war immediately a Czech school was opened, initially in the rectory , then in a private home . 1928 a new two-class Czech school was built with private kindergarten and enticed by taking advantage of unemployment or promises some German families to send their children there at the south exit of Metz Ling .
Thereupon, the community decided Metz Ling to call even a German kindergarten in life , the built at a cost of 130,000 crowns, and on 21 July was opened in 1929 with a large procession . It was obtained with funds from the German Cultural Association and the Municipality of Metz Ling and then taken over by the NSA in 1938.
The municipality of Metz Ling counted 45 houses in 1789 , 1839 50 houses and 341 inhabitants in 1860 54 houses and 410 inhabitants. The rapid emergence - not least also promoted on the basis of Feldspatgewinnung - clarify the following numbers. 1903 69 houses and 537 inhabitants , 1910 74 houses and 588 inhabitants in 1920 92 houses and 772 inhabitants, 148 houses and 729 inhabitants in 1939 .
The surface extent of the municipality in 1937 amounted to a total of 565.29 ha and consisted of 395.78 ha arable land , 57.98 ha of meadows , pastures 22.37 ha , 55.64 ha of forest , 4.94 acres of gardens and 28.58 ha developed land , paths , roads, ponds, reservoirs .
The 1935 elected municipal council was composed of the following credentials: Confederation of Farmers ( 6) Commercial Party ( 2) Socialists (6 ) , Czech voters (1).
Releases by Alfred Stingl ( Vienna) was found to be that of Metz Linger landowners Josef Leberl 1848 was a member of the constituent Reichstag.
The volunteer fire department was established in 1896. 1921, the 25th foundation celebration with Fahnenweihe was celebrated in style . The wavy grain - fire engine was placed into service in 1936 and inaugurated .
The savings and loan association for Metz Ling and the surrounding area has been established around the same time as the in Bischofteinitz (1869). Since 1870 was dug in around Metz Ling , Wottawa and Wonischen feldspar and first moved to the horse-drawn vehicle by a cable . Martin Pawlik then erected in 1890 and 1896 each a small grinder and enjoyed lively clientele. With the construction of the local railway Stankau - Bischofteinitz - Ronsperg in 1900 this branch was enormous upswing . Listed shot out of the ground, so by Johann Eberl, later brothers Drechsler, the West Bohemian Feldspatwerke and Metz Linger Feldspatwerke . Many new jobs and at the same time houses were created . With the construction of the railway line Taus - Tachau plan it went again uphill. The maximum production was reached in 1936. In Metz Ling most feldspar was won on football mountain.
1872 Martin Pavlik had taken in Metz Ling his new art mill in operation and delivered his flour until well after dew , and the Places of the Bavarian border.
1904 a post office was built by Georg Leberl (No. 64). As for the establishment of an Emperor Monuments 8000 crowns were collected. The monument was carried out according to the design of the academic sculptor Adolf Mayerl from Eger and put the ruler life size in the Imperial Mantle dar. crown, scepter and orb lay at your feet. It was on 9 September 1906 unveiled and installed in the Kaiser-Franz -Josef -Allee . After the first world war Czech military came specially to Metz Ling in order to remove the monument . In 1932 was built on the base of the monument Emperor a war memorial to the fallen of the First World War. The redesigned as a parking place provided a wonderful setting for church services and club celebrations. In 1943, the war memorial was then removed and placed in front of the elementary school .
1923 electricity cooperative was founded in 1924 a profit building and housing co-operative , which was built 14 houses for almost 30 families .
In commercial operations , there were 1939 in Metz Ling: 5 Bed , 3 butchers, 1 carpenter , 2 Wagner , 2 master blacksmith , 1 Kunstmühle , 1 architect , 1 carpenter , 1 nursery as a secondary operation , 1 intake, 3 merchants, 1 cutter , 2 hair stylists, 1 Locksmith , 1 bakery, 2 shoemakers , 1 coal merchant , two tobacconists , 1 machine clog .
As was evident from the high rate hectares , was in Metz Ling especially agriculture in high bloom. As early as 1850, the 26 farmers and numerous smaller companies had come together to a country and Forestry Association and a cattle breeders association . The Metz Linger livestock burst very soon the boundaries of the district and achieved excellent prices because of the club ever bought breeding cattle of the Simmental breed directly from Switzerland .
Walked in the fall after numerous residents Saaz , Podersam or Luditz for picking hops , the lace-making in winter many working-class women offered a small sideline.
For parties and gatherings , a large hall and three small dining rooms were available.
During the First World War were 14 killed and 3 missing ; fell in the second 32 men , 17 were missing , one victim came to the bombing , one another in Dachau.