The village Natschetin was located on a hill in the southern part of the parish Berg and was an arid Runddorf(1) without a brook. Liebscher quoted that a certain Prschedota of Natschetin was mentioned in 1185, while Dr. Ernst Richter only found evidence for the first mentioning of the village in documents in 1512. Natschetin was linked with the villages Berg, Hoslau, and Trohatin to the owner of the castle Hirschstein before it became a part of the Herrschaft(2) Bischofteinitz.
In 1587 the village had 16 farms in the Urbar(3) of the Herrschaft Teinitz. Since then the Hofname(4) “Schwab”(5) was located here until 1946. We can read further in the Urbar that the residents of Trohatin had to mow the front meadow below the city Teinitz and to harvest the hay. The residents of Natschetin had to help them in this. Furthermore, both villages were obliged to cut, bind, and bring together the ripe grain of three fields in the vicinity of the Teinitzer Hof.
In 1789 Natschetin had 20 house numbers. In 1838 there were 22 houses with 218 German residents, and it was part of the parish of Berg. In 1913 there were 28 house numbers and 201 residents. In 1939 there were 30 houses and 118 residents, including 5 houses of the “Einschichte(6) Latschner”.
In the village there was an inn, a village forge, a shop, a shoemaker, a linen-weaver, a cigar store and, until the twenties, also a brickworks and two band-masters. In Natschetin there also were some brick-layers; carpenters; a joiner; a Cartwright; a painter; and an egg and butter dealer. There were also some bee-keepers in Natschetin because the yield of honey in the surrounding area was good nearly every year. The boundaries of Natschetin as a whole had an area of 263,47 ha(7), which could be divided into 154,66 ha fields; 49,90 ha meadows; 14,54 ha pastureland; and 30,99 ha wood.Just as in most villages of the Heimatkreis Bischofteinitz, the agriculture in Natschetin was the real basis for making a living. The two bands, Rothmeier (Bina) and Rothmeyer (Blasch), existed since 1870, and were sought after for all festivities in villages far and near. Ed note: It was reported that the bands from Natschetin played as far away as the spa cites of Karlsbad and Marienbad in north-eastern Bohemia.
In World War I Natschetin supplied 17 soldiers. One soldier was killed. In World War II there were 28 soldiers from Natschetin under arms and 9 of them were killed.Until the turn of the century 1899/1900, Natschetin and Trohatin formed one political community.Until the turn of the century (1900) much sheep-breeding was still was done in Natschetin.