Rindl

 

 

The village Rindl, first mentioned in 1589, stood on the northwestern slope of the 750 m high Rindler mountain between 600 and 700 m above sea level and only 5 km from the Bavarian border. Both at the upper and at the lower end of the village there was ever a source well with good, fresh mountain water, which served the residents as a drinking and cooking water storage. The excess water of the upper well then flowed down through the whole village, at intervals from time to time a wooden gutter was created, from which the necessary water for cattle drinking and washing was collected. And from this channel also the place got its name. Rindl counted in 1789, belonging to the Allodialherrschaft Ronsperg, 21 numbers, 1839 referred to as Rindel or Rindl, 29 houses with 296 inhabitants, which also Jungrindel or Brandhäusel belonged, which then consisted of 11 houses, of which again 1 house to Stockau and 2 houses belonged to Kauth. Rindl was at this time to Muttersdorf, Jungrindl eingepfarrt to Stockau. The school belonging Waier Expositur was built in 1892. In 1913 Rindl (which undoubtedly meant the entire community) had 38 houses and 248 inhabitants, granted a magnificent view, has a fire brigade association with 20 and a local group of the German Bohemian Forest Confederation with 31 members. At that time Jungrindl had 7 houses, and the two incorporated one-layers Fuchshäusel and Rothäusl each had 1 house. In 1939, the population had fallen to 199 from 239 in 1930. In Rindl itself there were 29 houses at that time, in Jungrindl 9, in Rothäusl 4. There were 2 further layers, so that the municipality counted 44 house numbers, the total area was 396.87 ha and was distributed as follows: 117.09 ha. 98.95 ha of meadows, 85.95 ha of pastures, 82.21 ha of forest, 1.39 ha of gardens. The older residents reported that the Rindler district was originally divided into 13 equal parts, in 12 farms, while the 13th part, on which a community center and a community forge were built, remained a common ground. After it had struck in 1901 during a thunderstorm in the barn roof of the house No. 9, which was still deleted with long straw braided fire pails, which, as soon as they were wet, refractory and unbreakable, had been deleted, it finally came to the purchase of a fire. In 1906, the volunteer fire department was launched. The First World War demanded 9, the second 21 victims. Josef Bernklau, assisted by Georg Tuchek From the memories of local residents " (Robert Paulson - Village Spotlight) Rindl was located on a north-western slope at an altitude of 600 to 700 meters, just 5 km from the Bavarian border, with a spectacular view of the surrounding countryside. At both upper and lower ends of the village there were springs that supplied the village with fresh, clean water. The unused water flowed to the right across the village from the top spring. The wooden catch channels were planted at regular distances from downhill. They were supplying homes with potable water, water for washing and also for feeding cattle. The cadastre of the municipality included: 177.09 ha of agricultural land, 98.25 ha of meadows, 85.85 ha of pastures, 82.21 ha of wooded areas and 1.39 ha of gardens. According to the records of the older inhabitants, the original area was divided into 13 equal parts, consisting of 12 farms and one communal (municipal) land, where the municipal smithy and pastoral huts were located. The main district road via Rindl was built in 1925, the electrification took place in 1942. The single elementary school in Korytany was founded in 1897 as the "expositura" of the Folk School in Pond. The first teacher in Korytany was Mr. Flossmann, the other was Miss Erik Laibl and Mr. Josef Frank, who died in the Second World War. After an unfortunate event in 1901, when the lightning lit one of the straw roofs of one of the houses and had only been filled with water supply in the woven towers, it was decided to build a fire brigade. The Volunteer Fire Brigade was founded in 1906. Anton Kostner, a teacher in Korytany between 1903-1908, became the first fire brigade commander. The last was the master blacksmith Anton Wickl. The fire department had a total of 20 volunteers. The local branch of the German Böhmerwaldbundes (forest association) was also operating in the village, with 31 members as well as the well known local band Grecher-Musikanten (Mr. Grecher was a bandmaster). The organist in the church of St. Anna in the nearby village Pond also came from Korytan. His name was Grecher Girgl from house number 12, and during his years of work in 1929 - 1942 he was known all over the then district. The First World War prepared for the lives of 9 local natives, the Second World War 21. From the second half of 2013, the village will be accessible in the form of a nature trail, the foundations of the buildings will be exposed and all accompanied by signs on the history and life of the local population - including period photographs. The village, situated in a marked slanting position on the terraced terrain between the villages of Rybník and Šidlákov, was founded by Domažlice before 1589, but the following years were kept in the records as a desolate village. The resettlement took place only in 1623. Since 1789, the Korytany under the Poběžovické manor and 21 houses. In 1839 there were 29 houses with 296 inhabitants and 1913 38 houses with 248 inhabitants including Mladý Korytan. Between 1922 and 1929 (according to Chytilov's Topography of the Czechoslovak Republic - 1st and 2nd Edition) there were 38 houses in the Korytany, in which only 232 German inhabitants lived. There were no Czechs here. The village belonged to the Roman Catholic parish in Mutěnín, less than 8 km away. The catchment area had a center in the village of Rybník, as well as the Četnická station for the Korytans. The nearest post office was in the former Švarcavy. In the 10 km distant Poběžovice it was a telegraph, a court and also a railway station. In the census of people, dwellings and houses in 1930 the data are again connected with the nearby young Korytans: there are a total of 43 cottages inhabited by 239 Germans. The village was severely damaged immediately after 1945 by a devastating and extensively intentional fire *. After this event, it was never renewed, and all the remains of buildings and buildings were grounded in the 1950s. Today, we find only the tiny, ground-level remnants of the masonry of the houses and farmhouses, mainly the foundations and cellars built on the terraced lands on the slope. From the area of the former village, breathtaking views of the Bear Mountains range open. * Quote from the memories of Anton Helget, b. 1884 in Korytany: "In 1945, all residents decided to destroy our houses before taking over the Communist Party because we do not want them to occupy our village (the Communist Party was probably thought to be the so-called" Red Guards ", notorious for post-war expulsion)" Source: Micko Johann: Muttersdorfer Heimatkunde. 1922-1933

26903814_1651887838180917_22565987946514
26904025_1651888751514159_68417456836705
26814505_1651889648180736_19367413157031
26904753_1651890054847362_62011572690729
26815491_1651890174847350_65367082327562
26993391_1651889741514060_89880147899972
27067508_1651891731513861_75193584400385
26169089_1630009543702080_20218791596586
19961456_1651892834847084_12783170328199
19804940_1651892958180405_80884373696432