About 2 kilometers north of Hostau at the headwaters of the Radbusa is the town of Zwirschen which stands next to the Black Mountains aand amongst Pine and Spruce forests, creating a beautiful natural environment. In the year 115 the town of Prschitula was given to the Kladrauer Monastery. When the town received the name of Prschitulnovo remains unclear, however the village remained under that name until 1946. It was called “Da Prschitula” in the native tongue, and hill graves indicating that the area was the site of settlement for ages.
When the village was purchased by Radoslav von Zwirschen in 1233, the town entered into the spotlight of history. In 1251, a Bohusch bought Zwirschen, then in 1282 an Otto, and in 1291 a Bohusch again. In 1379 another Bohusch was named, who was to share Zwirschen with a Diepolt. The latter also owned half of Amplatz. In 1490, the von Schwanberg family came into possession of Zwirschen. The von Schwanbergs built up a new castle on the Schloßberg, with the village eventually passing into the hands of the Johann von Schwanberg’s two daughters Anna and Ursula. In 1513, the Plansky family bought the village from the von Schwanbergs. In 1571, Wenzel Plansky renovated the castle so his family could live there in 1603.
In 1656, Hostau and Zwirschen came under the ownership of Trauttmansdorf from Bsichofteinitz and stayed under their command until 1918.
In 1789 Zwirschen included 25 houses. In 1839, that number increased to 28 houses, 212 German citizens (including 1 Jewish family), 1 Meierhof, 1 tavern, 1 sawmill, and 1 Hunting lodge. By 1913, Zwirschen had 33 houses and 227 citizens and added 1 forest inn and one Meierhof. Between 1939 and 1945, the town grew by as many as 162 to 218 inhabitants and 38 houses. The area occupied by the town was 564.63 hectares in 1937 and were distributed as follows: 217.53 ha arable land, 84.61 hectares of meadows, pastures 27.70 ha, 204.66 ha of forest, gardens, 4.54 ha. About 26% of the total, or about 150 hectares with 20 hectares of meadows and 2 ha orchard, belonged to the state’s Remonteamt. Some land was also set aside to be used as pasture land, and a portion of the forest was used as national forest.
The local farmers managed 185 hectares of fields and meadows. Two farmers each had 20 hectares, 8 had 10 to 15 ha, 5 between 5 and 10 ha and 20 families under 5 ha. Besides them, three innkeepers, 2 smiths, 1 plumber, 1 carpenter, 1 blacksmith, 1 shoemaker and 1 music conductor lived in the village, which also included a state forester's house, including the area that belonged Raudnitz at Tutz.
In the early 1920’s a German mining company came to try to find pyrite. However they could not find sufficient minerals to justify mining operations. Three chapels educated and provided the residents of Zwirschen with religious services, and with the
neighboring Holy Cross the festivals of the Fixed Cross and the Holy Cross were celebrated.
The construction of the local road in the direction of Tachau brought with it the plan to annex it to the Franz- Josef- Bahn, which connects Mies, Pilsen, Budweis and Vienna. Sadly, this annexation was not completed until the 1930’s.
In the First World War 7 men died, and 9 died in World War 2.